Thursday, June 6, 2013

Your Class Notes

To measure capacity you will use:
1.    cups                                                
2.    pints
3.    quarts
4.    gallons

Converting units of measure will require you to multiply or divide.
·        When converting from a larger unit of measure to a smaller unit of measure you will need to multiply.
                                                              i.      For example:
1.    Gallons – Quarts = multiplication
2.    quarts – pints = multiplication
3.    pints – cups = multiplication

·        When converting from smaller units of measure to larger units you will need to divide.
1.    cups – pints = division
2.    pints – quarts = division
3.    quarts – gallons = division

Remember capacity is the amount a container can hold when filled (e.g. water bottle, milk gallon, shampoo, juice, soda etc.)

Customary Units for Measuring Liquids

1 pint (pt) = 2 cups (c)
1 quart (qt) = 2 pints
1 gallon = 4 quarts


63 qt =     g                                       5 qt=       pt
16 qt =     g                                   12 qt =       pt

20qt  =     g                                       6pt =       c

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Hello, Just wanted to share a bit of information about myself. I am the fourth grade teacher at St.Raphael. I received a Catholic education at St.Raphael and furthered my education at the California State University Dominguez Hills. I received my BA in Liberal Studies with a Mathematics option. I completed my graduate studies at Mount St. Mary's College. I have been blessed to have been influenced by wonderful teachers, and will meet the high expectations my students have. I welcome you to a successful school year.

Blog Archive